Personal Information We May Collect
The Atlas5D Solution collects, processes, and stores certain “Personal Information”, which is information that can be used to identify an individual (such as the individual who is the Subscriber, Monitored Person(s), or Recipient(s).) The Personal Information that we collect about Authorized Users includes:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, gender, and age;
- Photos or videos that an Authorized User may provide directly to us or that are taken by the Atlas5D Device;
- Data access information, such as login name and IP address associated with an Authorized User’s use of the Atlas5D Solution and websites; and
- Geolocation data, such as GPS (Global Positioning System) coordinates, collected by the Atlas5D Solution.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information directly when you:
- Order, purchase, subscribe, or register for any Atlas5D Solution or any other Atlas5D product or service;
- Make changes to your account;
- Download or use our Atlas5D Solution;
- Participate in an online training class provided by Atlas5D or request information from us about our products or services; and
- Use or access an Atlas5D website.
We also collect your Personal Information indirectly:
- From alerts, such as text messages or emails that are triggered by specific user-defined criteria or system-learned criteria generated by the Atlas5D Solution; and
- Directly from the Atlas5D Device or Atlas5D Solution with your express permission.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Provide the Atlas5D Solution to Authorized Users;
- Enable certain information to be viewed by Authorized Users as part of the Atlas5D Solution;
- Improve Atlas5D products and services;
- Create a better user experience with Atlas5D products and services;
- Provide support for use of the Atlas5D Solution;
- Measure and analyze the performance of the Atlas5D Solution; and
- Improve our data security.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We share Personal Information we collect about Authorized Users with companies, organizations, and individuals outside of Atlas5D in the following circumstances in accordance with applicable law:
- With your consent;
- With vendors and service providers who help us provide the Atlas5D Solution, for example, we use third parties to host our websites and apps, to track and analyze visitor traffic, process and store Personal Information, send communications on our behalf such as email newsletters, process credit card payments and billing information, ship equipment, and for other purposes based on our instructions, as necessary to enable third parties to provide these services;
- As transferred assets in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event;
- To process your credit card information when you register and subscribe to the Atlas5D Solution; and
- For legal reasons, if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request;
- Enforce our Subscriber Agreement or other contract or requirement of our services, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Atlas5D, our visitors, Authorized Users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We also create and share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly or privately:
- With our partners, including manufacturers, licensees, advertisers, research organizations, or connected sites; or
- With third parties to show trends about the general use of our websites, products, services, and apps for healthcare research or for other types of research.
We reserve the right to use aggregated, non-personally identifiable information and to share such information with third parties for any and all legal purposes.
Storage and Deletion of Personal Information
Atlas5D stores Personal Information on a secure Atlas5D server or with a secure third party cloud service. Signal data that could provide a visual depiction (“visual data”) of a Monitored Person are not transmitted beyond the Atlas5D Device recipients or storage locations except under specific circumstances (e.g., to improve the performance of the Atlas5D Solution, or when an emergency is suspected). By default, we prevent transmission or storage of any visual data to any machine or location (including any Atlas5D server), other than where the sensor is physically placed (i.e., typically the Atlas5D Device on which the Atlas5D System is loaded). A Monitored Person’s visual data stored on an Atlas5D server may be deleted by an Authorized User by writing to email@example.com and requesting the deletion. Non-visual data, such as the coordinates of a Monitored Person’s location in a room, may be recorded and stored on our websites and databases, shared with other people whom you specify, such as caregivers, and used to generate alerts. Unless an Authorized User explicitly permit a longer time period, we retain Personal Information for the longer of termination of your subscription or as required by applicable law.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from using specific features on our websites and services, such as ordering products or services and maintaining an online account.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Atlas5D takes commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We maintain a business continuity planand have access controls to our data and systems. We encrypt data in transit and at rest. However, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect Personal Information transmitted on or through our website, or using the Atlas5D Solution, we do not guarantee the security of any information you provide us or that we collect.
Atlas5D does not intentionally or knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Atlas5D has in its database Personal Information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records. Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 must provide written permission of their parent(s) or legal guardians(s) before making purchases, including subscriptions, on our websites or in connection with our Atlas5D Solution.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below.
- Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what Personal Information we collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from Authorized Users (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you goods or services;
- Perform a contract we executed with you; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the Personal Information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for a business purpose or sale of Personal Information to third parties during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year.
We may not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights listed above.
You may also opt out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookies, IP addresses and/or browsing behavior to add to a profile about your device, browser, or you. If you would like to opt out of Atlas5D’s use of your Personal Information for such purposes (to the extent this is considered a sale) or exercise any of your rights under California law, you may do so by contacting:
Mail: Two Lewis Street, Lincoln, MA, 01773
Attention: Privacy Officer c/o Atlas5D, Inc.
How to Opt Out from Emails
If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out or change your preferences at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at email@example.com. You may not opt out of communications necessary for operational and billing purposes.